Los Angeles Telugu Association (LATA) is very pleased and excited to invite you all to the 2015 Sankranthi Mela on 17th January, 2015 at Jordan School in Long Beach, CA
This is one of the signature programs that LATA has started last year and it has exceeded everyone's expectations in every step of the way! This Mela has taken all of the attendees on the memory lane to their childhood days to remind how festivals are celebrated with huge gatherings and activities all around! LATA is the only organization that is hosting Sankranthi Mela in a grand style and this year it is going to be much more attractive with many programs such as Carnival, Kolatam, Kids parade, Folk songs, cultural activities etc. It is one of the traditional get-together being initiated by LATA to provide a platform for the Telugu community to assemble and enrich, explore and enjoy the festive Sankranthi Mela! Midst of many doubts about this program last year, we have received marvelous response and we are expecting overwhelming turnover this year! Please spread the word and mark your calendars for the upcoming event.
Location: Jordan High School,
6500 Atlantic Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90805
Time: 12:00 noon - 9:30 pm
Date: 17th January, 2015
Highlights of Mela
● Carnival Games (Noon to 6:00 pm) - About 6 games during Mela for kids such as Cola Ring Toss, Ducks in a Row, Dart Balloon Pop and many others.
● Kids and Youth Traditional dressing fashion parade
● Henna design on your hands and face painting - FREE
● Many of your favorite local vendor stalls and authentic homemade food during Mela.
● Amazing auditorium with new sound system - State of the art theater with 1800 seating capacity.
● Non-stop 2hrs Entertainment - About 150 talented local Telugu community members will mesmerize you with Folk dances, Jada Kolatam and Movie songs and lot more surprises you will never expect!
● Location - Auditorium is centrally located to LA & OC cities.
● ***FREE*** Delicious Authentic Telugu - Dinner Buffet
MEMBERS GET IN ABSOLUTELY ***FREE***!
Our Volunteers are working very hard to make this event memorable, we see kids rehearsing for the cultural programs.
So let's applaud, cherish and encourage their hard work and effort.